The Anguilla Limited Liability Company is a hybrid business entity which allows a person or persons to operate their business without putting at risk their personal assets by limiting their liability, without the complexity of the commonly used corporation.
The Limited Liability Company Act was enacted on 16 October 2000 (LLC Act). This Act offers all the indispensable LLC features that are traditional for LLCs through progressive legislation with the most efficient incorporation procedures. The privacy of members is guaranteed under the Act. Overall, Anguilla as an Offshore Business Center is among the best in the world, and a truly tax free zone.
The Anguilla offshore LLC is based on the original Wyoming LLC ordinance, but the end product is a more modern and developed offshore LLC which is designed to suit investors. The Anguilla Limited Liability Company Act is flexible corporate statute that integrates asset security provisions with English common law principles.
The fundamental concepts of all LLCs are:
- The LLC is formed by filing Articles of Formation with the Registrar.
- The LLC does not have shares and as such its owners are called members and not shareholders.
- Members are not liable for the debts of the entity. Its members are protected with Limited Liability to the extent of their contribution to the LLC.
- There is no tax liability on the LLC unless the members clearly choose to be taxed like a corporation (company limited by shares).
- Members of an LLC may be non-residents. (offshore LLC)
- Anguilla LLC is a separate legal entity like a corporation
- The members of the LLC can be physical persons or other entities, including corporations, partnerships, trusts etc.
- While LLCs are not taxable, members are taxed on their portion of earnings when distributed. Where the members are non-resident and the LLC does not do business in the jurisdiction, the members are exempt from all taxes.
Anguilla LLC Formation
The Anguillan LLC incorporation document that has to be filed with the Registry is the Articles of Formation. This document must be filed in English or with an authenticated English translation. Anguilla LLCs can be formed within 24 hours. There are still many company names available for Anguilla offshore LLCs.
You must maintain a registered office in Anguilla and must appoint a licensed Anguillan company as the registered agent. We provide these Anguilla offshore services. We also provide Apostilles for the international legalization of your company documents.
We will file the necessary documents with the Registry on your behalf.
Anguilla LLC Structure
An Anguilla LLC is flexible regarding the members and management of the limited corporation.
- The Anguilla LLC can be formed with one member.
- Unlike other LLCs, the Anguilla LLC may have unlimited or perpetual life.
- The LLC Agreement is not publicly filed.
- The life of the Anguilla LLC may be specific or perpetual.
- The LLC may be managed by its members or by one or more manager.
- Re-domiciliation of an Anguillan LLC is allowed
- Annual returns and financial reports not required.
- The manager may be another LLC or corporation
- Members may be of any nationality and residents of any country.
Anguilla Company Privacy
The Anguilla LLC Act makes it an offence for anyone including an auditor or official liquidator to reveal any information regarding an Anguilla corporation, except by order of the Court, and solely relating to criminal activities.
The information on the Beneficial Owners is not available to the public. The Anguilla LLC Agreement is kept at the Registered Office and is not available to the public.
We offer Nominee Services for Anguilla LLCs to provide for your further confidentiality and privacy.
Anguilla LLC Members
- The minimum member requirement for an Anguillan LLC is one.
- Nominee members are allowed and we can provide this service.
- There is no statutory requirement for a secretary or other officers for such Anguillan corporations.
- Members may be of any nationality and reside in any country.
- Members may be either a natural person or a corporate entity.
Anguilla LLC Taxation & Fees
- Law provides Tax Exemption for offshore LLCs beginning from the day of incorporation.
- Annual Fees are to be paid on the birthday of the company registration and every twelve (12) months thereafter.
- There are no dual Taxation Treaties with other countries; therefore there is no requirement for exchange of information with other Tax Authorities.
Office, Books and Records of Anguilla Company LLC
- LLC main office and records for the company may be located anywhere in the world.
- There is no requirement to file any accounts or financial statements.
- There is no requirement to appoint an auditor.
- Books and records must be maintained and available if required.
Anguilla LLC Restrictions & Exemptions
An Anguillan Limited Liability offshore Company, shall not:
- Do business with residents of Anguilla.
- Carry on business in banking or trust and insurance business or company management
- Own or hold interest in real property in Anguilla
- Provide company management or registered offices for an Anguilla Offshore Corporation.
Anguillan LLCs May:
- Have professional contact with local licensed offshore service providers, lawyers, accountants, investment advisors etc.
- Re-domicile out of Anguilla.
Anguilla Limited Liability Company Name
- The name of an Anguillan Offshore Limited Liability Company must end with the word Limited Liability Company or the abbreviation LLC.
- The LLC shall not use a word or phrase which may suggest the patronage of Government such as “Government", "Govt", "National", "Royal", "Republic", "Commonwealth" or "Anguilla".
- The name of an LLC may not include a word, a phrase or an abbreviation thereof such as Bank, Assurance, Building Society, Chamber of Commerce, Foundation, Trust etc., without special permission or license.
Limited Liability Company is a good vehicle for persons who conduct international business and wish to minimize their tax and personal liability which is why they may be referred to as offshore LLC.
All Anguilla LLCs are exempt from all taxes. An Anguilla Limited Liability company can be incorporated within 24 hours after receipt of funds and completed forms.
You do not have to come to Anguilla to register your LLC in what is one of the best places to incorporate. With your instructions, we will do it all for you.
The delivery time required for the Anguilla company documents varies depending on their final destination. FedEx will deliver to the US in one working day. To the UK takes two working days and Australia, four working days.
Form an Anguilla LLC! Incorporate Your Wealth!
For purposes of this document, the term "Anguilla Limited Liability Company” has the same meaning as "Anguilla LLC", "Anguillan LLC", "Anguilla Offshore Limited Liability Company", "Anguilla Limited Company", "Anguilla Limited Offshore Company", "Anguilla Offshore LLC".